"your comebacks, they're quick"

8:52 AM
a few weeks ago i was talking to my sister-in-law, the same one who buried her baby. she mentioned someone making an offhand comment implying molly's death was a consequence of her parents' sin. as if god was punishing her and my brother. i was appalled and speechless. shocked at the absurdity a so-called christian (or perhaps a legitimate christ-follower who is gravely mistaken) could utter about his lord.
cara's reponse?

"you don't know my god."

those words have been echoing in my mind ever since she said them. i don't think god is above punishment. nor consequences. but i also know he is a loving, forgiving, merciful god. a provider, comforter, counselor. a father who buried his own son.

"you don't know my god."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.